PDA

View Full Version : DuPont Acrylic CLear A-7480S

ChevroletGuy
04-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I know the can reads for trim and door jams. What I was wondering is would it work for rims? I have an 92 Camaro with aluminum rims and the clear coat is coming off. I think the cleaner I used ate some of it off and they are 15 years old. The clear is just gone is spots. Other spots its milky looking. The rims are in pretty good shape other wise no curb rash or anything like that.

Here is a picture, the triangles are painted argent silver I think. The recess lines are also painted the argent silver.

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/6558/img1317dv4.jpg

Any suggestions on what a good clear will be? I would like to get something to hold up for awhile to the brake dust and heat. The DuPont stuff I have is supposed to be better than the average stuff. I'm still on the really green side of paint even less experience using different brands or what is better for what.

Len
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know of any clear that sticks well to bare metal.

AutobodyCAD
04-02-2007, 10:42 AM
POR-15 sells something called Glisten PC, meant for clearing bare metal. I tried it, and was unimpressed. It went on with bubbles, which never released, and after several months, peeled here and there.

Clear powdercoats are probably better.