Thread: PPG OMNI MP and/or Shopline products

Default PPG OMNI MP and/or Shopline products

I used the MP170 and MP182 2K on my last project. Supplier no longer carries the Omni line but has replaced the Omni with another PPG line which he claims is the equivalent called "ShopLine". He says it's available to "premier" distributors only. I'm not comfortable, since it's even less expensive, I believe. Give me peace of mind or options for Omni comparable (or better) products in the mid-price range that you trust. Thanks.

Default skip it

Had time to research - looks like it's basically the same - maybe a little better according to some posts I've read elsewhere. Still take input on alternates (I have access to Dupont as well as Sherwin W ...............

The Shop Line is an improved Omni line... The Clears and Primers are supposed to be much better than Omni... I have used Shopline Epoxy Primer and Clearcoat and think they handle and spray well
    1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS- Pontiac Big Block/TH-2004R/3.73s... The Drag Car.
    1987 Buick Regal Limited- Mild Chevy 350/TH-2004R/3.08s... The Daily Driver.
    I've done all the paint/bodywork on all my projects!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadChevy350
    The Shop Line is an improved Omni line... The Clears and Primers are supposed to be much better than Omni... I have used Shopline Epoxy Primer and Clearcoat and think they handle and spray well
    I am going to reclear a car tomorrow with ShopLine clear. Is there any tips on how this sprays?

Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsautobody
    I am going to reclear a car tomorrow with ShopLine clear. Is there any tips on how this sprays?

Thanks,
    Ben
    If you sprayed the Omni MC-161, it sprays pretty much like that
    1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS- Pontiac Big Block/TH-2004R/3.73s... The Drag Car.
    1987 Buick Regal Limited- Mild Chevy 350/TH-2004R/3.08s... The Daily Driver.
    I've done all the paint/bodywork on all my projects!!!